The outstanding Instrumental Music Program at Monbulk College enables students to thrive as musicians and members of the community.
At Monbulk, we have a team of specialist instrumental music teachers with extensive industry and educational experience who believe in empowering students to be creative, confident and compassionate. In addition to students’ weekly music lessons with supportive, helpful, and experienced music teachers, students also have the opportunity to perform at school and beyond in a range of settings. Recently, our students have been involved in performances at local restaurants and markets along with larger events like one at Hamer Hall. Learning a musical instrument helps students to excel in all areas of their education. We invite all students who are interested to enquire into the program to see if this is the right fit for them.
Expression of Interest
Terms and Conditions
- Enrolment is for the entire year and is to be paid for when enrolling.
- Students are enrolling in an Ensemble Program. They will receive a lesson as part of this program. Students who do not participate in an ensemble may not receive small group instrumental lessons. (exception: Contemporary Workshop stream)
- Instrumental lessons will not commence until all payments have been finalised or arrangements with the office have been made.
- Parents must notify the Music Coordinator and the General Office in writing should their child discontinue their involvement in the Music Program. NOTE: discontinuing lessons after the commencement of the year does not immediately mean a refund will be given.
- A range of ensembles will be made available to students to participate in, which is a requirement of this program. These rehearsals MAY occur before or after school.
- Small group instrumental lessons will be on a rotating timetable to avoid students missing the same class each week. It is the responsibility of the student to check Compass for lesson times and ensure that they arrive on time.
- Students must purchase required sheet music and sundries, eg Reeds as soon as practicable
- All students must participate fully in ensemble rehearsals and performances as designated.