Student Accident & Property Insurance

Student Accident Insurance & Ambulance Cover Arrangements

  • Parents/Guardians are reminded that the Department does not provide personal accident insurance or ambulance cover for students.
  • Parents/Guardians of students who do not have student accident insurance/ambulance cover, are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including the cost of ambulance attendance/transport and any other transport costs.
  • Student accident insurance / ambulance cover policies are available from some commercial insurers. For more information, contact an insurance broker or search online for a suitable personal accident insurance

Valuables & Property

  • Personal property brought to school by students, staff or visitors is not insured and the Department of Education does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage.

This can include mobile phones, calculators, toys, sporting equipment and cars parked on school premises. We request the support of parents/guardians in ensuring students are discouraged from bringing any un- necessary or particularly valuables items to school and that any such items brought to school are looked after carefully at all times.